tag in your template:

Monday, July 03, 2006

Jim Morrison



Jim Morrison, lead singer of the Doors,born December 8, 1943 in Melbourne, Florida died on this day in 1971 in Paris, France.
Jim Morrison was one of those people whose writing just astounds me. No matter what his reputation, no matter how many drogs he did, his writing was brilliant.Most of you are familiar with his songs,so you know his style of writing, but not everyone knows his poetry.

AWAKE
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity
First thing you see.

A vast radiant beach in a cool jeweled moon
Couples naked race down by its quiet side
And we laugh like soft, mad children
Smug in the woolly cotton brains on infancy.
The music and voices are all around us.
Choose, they croon, the Ancient Ones
The time has come again.
Choose now, they croon,
Beneath the moon
Beside an ancient lake.
Enter again the sweet forest,
Enter the hot dream,
Come with us,
Everything is broken up and dances.
(Jim Morrison)

Even though I was only 4 when he died, he is still one of my favorite people.

7 Comments:

Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

I can't get into Jim Morrison's ideas or his music. To each his own, I guess. But I really can't get into the 60's and 70's music that was born from the free thinking culture. I don't know why.

Love you Am!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Well, even my high school english teacher used to tell me i was born in the wrong era...lol
"free-thinking" free spirit is one of the things used by some to describe me that I am most proud of...
I don't label myself by only listening to one type of music, or forcing my beliefs on others...

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim Morrison and the Doors, are so great. I've been told I'm from the wrong era myself.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Salar37_Shushan said...

nice!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Jim Morrison is one of the great American poets, I agree! He resonates with me so much, even more so when I was an angst-ridden teen. I went to Paris as a teenager and hung out at his gravesite with a friend and a bottle of wine.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Jim Morrison is one of the great American poets, I agree! He resonates with me so much, even more so when I was an angst-ridden teen. I went to Paris as a teenager and hung out at his gravesite with a friend and a bottle of wine.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Jayne! I envy you that... as a teenager, that would have been the highlight of my existance... Even now, I would like to see it...

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home