tag in your template:

Monday, June 12, 2006

What's going through my head today...

I went to work this morning. It had been raining, but it cleared by the time I got to work. Saturday, I was working the front desk and a guy came in, he’s staying there until the end of this week. He was such a flirt!! Very cocky…
This morning, I had to clean his room, but I didn’t clean the sink in his room… He had all his dirty underwear piled in the sink! Yuck! What is that all about?? Jeez…
I love working the front desk, because I miss the contact with people I had at my old job. Plus, most of the time is spent reading…or watching television. I read an entire book in the 6 hours I was there on Saturday. One of the books written by Ben Carson, M.D., called “Think Big”, ‘Unleashing Your Potential For Excellence’. It was a very good book. He is very inspiring.

I didn’t secure the wheels of my cart on the last room this morning, and it fell off the curb onto someone’s car!! Thankfully it didn’t hurt the car, and because it didn’t fall clear down, it wasn’t too hard to straighten back up… made me feel pretty stupid, though! I also twisted my knee and dropped the vacuum cleaner on my foot… just not my day!! LOL
Rick is working for Arrow this afternoon, putting up a fence down at the Co-op. How many people do you suppose there are named Arrow? I am pretty sure that is his first name. He’s a really cool guy.

I am getting so sick of not having my own house! Even if Rick gets a full time job, mom thinks we should stay here until we get all the medical bills paid. Which, in all fairness, would probably be a smart thing to do, but I want my own space!!! (Stomping my foot)
I believe, though, that God has the perfect house in the country just waiting for us at the right time. (Speak those things that are not as though they are, right Jules? LOL)

9 Comments:

Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Wow! How can you not be cool with a name like Arrow?

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely Am! I am a firm believer. I thanked Him for the Husband he had all picked out for me for about 3 years before I met Mine. And for patience! lol
I always wanted a horse named Arrow (me and my arrow, wherever we go...), and (me and you and) a dog named Blue. Guess that shows my age...LOL

11:29 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I thought so too, Jas... That is setting your son up to be cool naming him Arrow...lol

Just shows you have good taste, Jules! lol

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did name one of my cats Marvin (it was a girl) just so I could look at her and say "Starvin Marvin?" when she meowed. And my dogs are named Buster Brown and his dog Charlie Brown, even though they aren't related. Oh yeah, my mom named one of her cats Diesel, and his brother, Diesel's Brother, but they called him Brother. (snicker)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

LOL... that is so funny! Like the dog i saw on tv the other day, he was a stray but fell in love with their girl dog, so they named him boyfriend and kept him...lol

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diesel got his name cuz when he purred, he sounded like a diesel engine idling. He really did. It was LOUD!
Did you know the most popular name for a cat is Kitty, followed closely by "You stupid cat". HAHAHAHA!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thats cute...
"You stupid cat"?? Thats pretty rude...lol
I once had a dog that whe I got her as a puppy the previous owners had been calling her Sh**head. :( I renamed her Jordy.
I had a cat from hell once. She ate holes in my afghans, and chewed through my speaker wires... she was horrible! She just disappeared one day, I never knew what happened to her...I was a little worried about her, but I think that cat could take care of herself!!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie Brown's name before I got him was Squirt, because he had a problem when he was excited. He grew out of it and is very very glad his name is Charlie.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I'll bet he is! lol

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home