tag in your template:

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Today's History lesson....

During World War II, the Allied invasion of western Europe, which was launched on June 6, 1944 (the most celebrated D-Day of the war), with the simultaneous landing of U.S., British, and Canadian forces on five separate beachheads in Normandy, France. By the end of August 1944 all of northern France was liberated, and the invading forces reorganized for the drive into Germany, where they would eventually meet with Soviet forces advancing from the east to bring an end to the Nazi Reich.

1918 - The first large-scale battle fought by American soldiers in World War I began, in Belleau Wood, northwest of Paris.


1968 - Robert F. Kennedy, assassinated after claiming victory in California's Democratic presidential primary.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Hi, Amethyst. I've been thinking about your situation with Rick and it resonates with me some. Also, I wanted to share this link from another wife and mother (and the dozens and dozens of comments!) to let you know you are not alone . . . http://motherhooduncensored.typepad.com/motherhood_uncensored/2006/05/im_tired_of_thi.html

9:55 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thank you so much.. I tend to forget sometimes that there are people who care about me out there! I will check out that link now...

10:43 AM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

We care very deeply, Jayne, Jules and I.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

... and I would be utterly lost without you...

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home