tag in your template:

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My kind of love song....

Ok, now any of you that have read this blog more than once probably know that I hate love songs. I don’t belive in romance. I don’t believe in happy endings.
So when I heard this love/I’m sorry/breaking-up song, I laughed out loud… this is the best love/I’m sorry/breaking-up song I have ever heard… And I'm sory if my redneck tastes offend you...
Thank you, Shooter Jennings…lol
(I think you can hear part of it at shooterjennings.com

Aviators

(speaking)
Now darling, I know we've had our problems lately and you've left me after all these years and I know I probably could've treated you better along the line I've seen my mistakes like that time that I took you to Waffle House and you made me mad and I made you walk home in the rain but you never got my sense of humor anyway no you never laughed at my jokes

I never meant to hurt you
I never understood the hillbilly things I do
If our love don't work now darling maybe later
You can't see the tears behind my aviators

(speaking)
And oh I know I probably should've come home more often on those long lonely winter nights but you know out of all those women I was always your number one And I'm sorry about that time I got drunk and hit on your mom and slashed your daddy's tires but I figured they had it coming and I'm sorry about that time that I accidentally shot your dog while I was hunting and I told you he ran away oh wait a minute I told you that didn't I? Oh darling

I could never share those secrets of my heart
I feel so much closer to you now that we're apart
If our love don't work now darling then maybe later
You can't see the tears behind my aviators

3 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

Now this is a love song I could get use to! They need to sing it like it is..be brutally honest, that's truth. That's life!

Thanks for stopping by!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thank you Jas... for the compliment, and admitting that maybe Shooter isn't all bad ;-)

My pleasure, Sassy one, I enjoyed your place!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Salar37_Shushan said...

ROTFLOL!!!!!!

Country folks write the most original songs sometimes!

These lyrics are worthy of a place next to "Diggin' up Bones' & "Oceanfront Property in Arizona" lololol

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home