tag in your template:

Friday, June 02, 2006

Just another Friday

I went to work this morning. I have been working 2 days a week since I started. Since I only work about 4 hours per day, that doesn’t make for much of a paycheck, but it’s better than no paycheck.

The woman working in the laundry today, Cindy, is one of the most real people in this town. I have known her since the late 80’s, when we first worked together at Daylight Donuts. She recently got married to her perfect partner, Denton. They both have Harleys and do a lot of riding together. They are the type of people who do their own thing, and don’t worry about what other people think. She told me it was good that Rick and I were back together, since we had history together. I guess that is as good a reason as any to be together, isn’t it? I never really considered that point before. Denton owns his own concrete business. Cindy said that the next time he needed help she would tell him to call Rick, since Rick has done concrete before. That would be nice….

Just in case there is anyone out there who can relate to this, this morning I ended up cleaning the room that Sir and I spent our first night in… Making the bed, cleaning the bathroom, nothing bothered me until I started to push in the chair, and I remembered him sitting there, and me looking up at him from my knees…. Sigh
It was a good time in my life… I learned a lot about myself and about the world from him, and I will always be grateful… His life, according to his blog, sounds perfect for him, and I am very happy for him.

That silly cockatiel has laid another egg… We now have 6… She almost can’t sit on them all at one time…LOL I just hope that my suspicions are correct and none of them hatch!

Have you ever noticed that the things that annoy us the most about other people are the very things we are trying to ignore in ourselves? I have decided that I need to work on that… I made a list of the things about Rick that drive me crazy, and there are some that I need to work on. Since I can’t change him, I will work on changing me! Procrastination is one of the things on the list, so I had better get to work on my to-do list for today! (cleaning my truck inside and out, and cleaning both of the nasty birdcages….LOL)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Am, cleaning that room must have been tough. BUT...you've come through that, with lessons learned and love experienced and more wisdom in the end.
Cindy sounds like my kind of lady. I don't much let what others think of me bother me much either. Of course, we all want folks to like us. I do my best to be my best authentic self. I figure folks are going to like it or not. If they don't, I don't get all in a tizzy, I just figure that it is a personal problem. Their's that is.
Maybe if they like how Rick works, they will keep him on for a while. That would be nice.
I think that God puts those annoying things in our life because it IS something that we need to work on in ourselves. And you are right, you can't change him. You can only change yourself. Once you find yourself changed in those ways, He'll find other things to put on you to fix. I am usually asking Him "Please God, let this not bother me so much" or "HELP ME!" lol
Good for you for at least recognizing those things in yourself. You NEVER know when He'll pull a Suddenly on you.
Have a good weekend girl.
jules

12:58 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Hold on to those memories of Sir. They're yours and no one can take them from you.

Being with Rick is good. There is a history, and that's a perfectly good reason to be together. I sometimes look at my wife and say, "Well, as well her as another."

Why trade one happiness for another happiness. They both end in the same feeling, right?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

No, they don't... Rick is a cute kid, and most of the time I don't mind taking care of him, but I would love to have a real man that has even a shred of responsibility or maturity about him...That will never be Rick...It;s like being married to a 19 year old skateboarder, without the skateboard...

5:10 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Really? Wow!

Do you think you might have a choice to make soon?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Not for a long time, I'm afraid... I don't have a choice... I can't make enough money to pay all the bills AND for a babysitter... Plus, he has nowhere to go... Who else is going to help him? He does love me... and we are friends... that is more than a lot of women have...I just have to make the most of it, at least for now...

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home