tag in your template:

Friday, June 30, 2006

Ghosts

Jas’ post the other day that said he liked “Ghost Hunters” made me start thinking of all the things over the years that have been witnessed in this house.
I spent 2 years sleeping in the basement bedroom. Many, many nights I would wake up instantly, in the middle of the night, terrified and unable to open my eyes or move. I ALWAYS felt like I was being watched.
When my sister got a little older, she tried to take that bedroom. Didn’t last a whole night.
Multiple times, we have heard a baby cry, and mumbled voices.
Once I was in the shower that used to be in the basement, one of those 1930s metal boxes with the solid doors with piano like hinges. I was home alone, my sister was at a friend’s house and my mother was at work. Suddenly, a Barbie doll came flying over the shower door. I jerked open the door, and no one was there. I opened the bathroom door, which has a pull view of the stairs, and no one was there. I grabbed a towel and ran upstairs, and no one else was there.
Many nights we have all lain awake while loud, unexplainable noises would go all night.
It is a common occurrence to see shadows moving in the living room.
Just a couple of months ago, at about two am, Rick was trying to find something in the pantry, on a lower shelf. He was on his knees, and someone kept pushing the door against him until he fell over. He moved the door, and no one was there. He checked, and everyone else was sound asleep.
We are lucky that our room is in the new part of the house, and we don’t get any activity in this room, but we do have to walk through the living room to get to the bathroom. Most nights its fine, but some nights I walk through the living room and I don’t look around - it feels like several people are there, and they have just stopped what they were doing to watch me walk through the living room.
There are many other little things I could mention, all the childhood photos of me and/or my sister with white streaks, and smoky hazes in them, noises, the Native American man who spent an hour alone in the house and vowed never to return.
Don’t ever try to tell anyone in my family that ghosts don’t exist.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you still live there.... "F" that.. I'd be out of that house so fast. That's one thing I don't mess with... GHOST! NOPE don't like them at all! Give me the willies!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Having grown up here, I guess I have a different perspective. If they were going to hurt someone, they would have already - We have been here almost 30 years. It is a bit unnerving at times, especially the "middle-of-the-night-going-through-the-livingroom" thing, but mostly I would love to find out why they are here... Who they are... What they need to be able to cross over...I have been fascinated by ghosts my whole life...

7:58 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

I'm just the opposite. I would have STAYED there because of the ghosts! I love them. But that's just me.

9:50 AM  
Blogger MC said...

I can certainly understand your fascination, considering the fact that you've been around them (or, rather, they've been around you) most of your life! Very interesting post!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home