tag in your template:

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Taking a sick day...

I had a thought for a blog entry today, but it hurts my head too much to think that hard... My lungs are on fire and I just don't want to deal with it.

I did find this cool news story... Hope you are as inspired by it as I was.

"NEZAHUALCOYOTL, MEXICO - A rugged, 70-year-old Jesuit priest stops his SUV on the soggy road that runs through Mexico City's largest dump and asks: "Where's mass today?"

"Down there," announces an elderly, hunched-over woman, pointing to a nearby clearing, where garbage pickers are converging to sift through a newly deposited pile of rubbish.

At the site, Father Guevara unfolds a small metal table, places a lace doily over it, and waits patiently for his flock. Eventually about 150 workers gather, taking a break from hauling refrigerator-sized garbage bags bursting with bottles and flattened cardboard. They keep their hoods and kerchiefs on, shielding their faces from the dust and eye-stinging toxic air. Mass begins."

Read the rest of this story HERE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing. It is good to see good being done in this world. Gives one hope in mankind.
I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!
jules

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I heard a story about this on NPR yesterday morning, Thursday April 6. You must be on some good news fast track. ;o)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home