tag in your template:

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Reading list

I have decided that one of the things I should be doing while I am not working is reading all those books I have never gotten around to reading.
I looked up TIME's "100 greatest Novels", from 1923 until the present. There are a few I have read on this list (How did "Are you there God, It's me margaret" get on this list??) and a few that I know enough about to think I don't want to read them. ("Animal Farm"? "Deliverance"?)
Actually, a certain man I know would make me start off with the ones I didn't want to read... He was funny that way.
Anyway, I wanted to get your opinions. Give me the title and author of ONE book you think I should read and why.(Odds are 50/50 that I can actually get it in our little backwards library, but i will try!)
Can't wait to see the responses!

7 Comments:

Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Are you kidding? The Big Book of Bodily Funtions, by Johnathon Green! How did they miss that on the list?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Umm.. Hmm. I think because it's a list of novels, they couldn't include a non-fiction book...

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451166892/sr=8-1/qid=1142461514/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5505032-4556740?%5Fencoding=UTF8
This book is about building a cathedral in 12th century England. I LOVE this book. It is different than all the books that he's written. If you can't find it, let me know, I can send you my copy. Can I repeat: I LOVE this book.
I'll try to think of more. I actually love to read and have read probably thousands of books.
jules

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ac . .
I think you'll like
The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks

6:22 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I used to love to read.. I seem to have lost a lot of things along the wawy... Reading for pleasure is one of them I am determined to get back...No better means of escape than dropping into someone else's life, especially when the writer is very talented...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I just sent Rick to the library for me, with a list of the books recommended here so far and a few from time's list... None of the ones here were available at our library, and they say they are not affiliated with any program that allows them to get books from outside their system. I figured as much.
So Rick brought back Beloved, by toni Morrison, and The Sound and the Fury, by Faulkner.
I will be looking for the others on Amazon or something...

1:07 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Well, it's not compleeeeetly non-fiction!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home