tag in your template:

Friday, March 24, 2006

Paperwork

I never knew how complicated enrolling in college could be. Even on-line classes!
I have now finished the federal applications for financial assistance. They say I should get the next round of paperwork in a coupld of weeks.
I am enrolling in Fort Hays State University's virtual college... I have decided on a 4-year degree, Bachelor of Business Administration in Management. After going over the list of required courses, I decided it would be a good degree that could be useful in a large variety of jobs. Do you think I should have started with something that took less time - a general studies certificate or something? 4 years is a long time - I turn 40 in less than a year, maybe I am too old to start over now...
Anyway, as long as i can come up with the money, I will be ok.
There was a woman once who posted naked pictures of herself on her webpage, and they set up a paypal account to take donations to help with a boob-job. She got enough to have the surgery... Maybe I should set up a paypal account to take donations for my education...LOL
Fort Hays State was where I had planned to go after high school. I wasn't planning on business then, though... I wanted to major in journalism, with an art history minor. Business will be easier to use to get a job that pays more than minimum wage though, I think, without having to move...
I am just concentrating on getting enrolled now, and the the semester starts in June. I have a job lined up, I think, but they don't know yet when it is going to start, so I am just waiting on that - hopefully soon!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband started school back at the first of the year. The paperwork is awful. $ years is not to long at 40. My husband is 37. There is a man in one of his classes who is nearly 50 and he is a freshman. Way to go on the virtual classes. I wish our local university offered them.

I've thought about going back to school, I'm just not sure if i want to work that hard.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I know about not wanting to work that hard... I saw that Calculus on the required list and I'm thinking, man, I haven't even thought about calculus for 20 years!
I don't have any other way to go, though, I have hit bottom and going back to school seems to be my only option.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! Good for you for taking the first step! I am proud of you for thinking this through and deciding to go for it. It will be a bunch of hard work, but you yourself said you needed something to do right? And now is a good time, while you have time. I think you made a good decision and the right choice on the degree. Way to go Am!
jules

9:50 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thanks Jules... I just hope everything goes as planned so that I can pay for it! I am so thankful for the ability to get the entire degree on-line... And I think it's a bit ironic that it is from the University that I had planned on attending after high school...LOL

10:10 AM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

I keep telling my wife to do the phone sex operator thing. She's got the voice and mind for it, but she won't. Good money in that line of work. Oh well.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I knew a woman once who did that... There is money in it... I don't know that I could do it without laughing...

1:13 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Dragonfly, Amethyst - Hey, if you got the voice, I'd say do it! Li'l cash on the side, you know. But never never laugh, A!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I have had quite a few people tell me I had the voice for it... I still don't think I could do it without giggling...

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home