tag in your template:

Monday, March 06, 2006

I refuse to keep writing depressed entries

You know, I haven't done any "real"writing in a long time.
That last entry was the first in a long time, and I was sort of proud of it, I liked the way it turned out.
Those don't seem to be my most "popular" entries, though.
I get more response from the ones I write on days when I am very depressed and whining.

I refuse to write on days like that anymore... It isn't helping me, and I am not that weak mushy little girl that I sound like on those days.

Anyway...

I found this poem the other day, and I like the feeling I got from it... See what you think...


Incantation


A white well
In a black cave;
A bright shell
In a dark wave.

A white rose
Black brambles hood;
Smooth bright snows
In a dark wood.

A flung white glove
In a dark fight;
A white dove
On a wild black night.

A white door
In a dark lane;
A bright core
To bitter black pain.

A white hand
Waved from dark walls;
In a burnt black land
Bright waterfalls.

A bright spark
Where black ashes are;
In the smothering dark
One white star.

Elinor Morton Wylie

3 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Beautiful incantation. And my 2 cents ~ write what MOVES you. Much of what I consider to be my best writing doesn't get the feedback or response that some others do, for whatever reason.

Also, I enjoy your writing. I read all your posts; I don't always comment if I can't think of anything to add or say at the time. I do tend to comment when you seem very down, to try to be encouraging . . .

I also have seen it too much in blogging and real life when people are given attention when they are sick or down so they (unconsciously) keep on acting that way when they are well and doing fine, for the reward of attention. (I'm not saying you're doing that, LOL, just that it can be a viscious cycle!)

I applaud you branching out into other writing styles . . . feedback be damned! Hope you have a lovely day. ~ J

9:29 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I realized that most of my frustration comes from not having nay control over anything in my life. I decided that there are a few things that I can take control over, namely: 1) What emotions I let come to the surface. 2) My weight, and what I eat. 3)What I write about.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

I like your more positive side ladyfriend. Those who like the negative side are most likely the ones who watch reality shows... not that there's anything wrong with that!

:D

And your incantation is very wiccan-like. Very earthy. Love it!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home