tag in your template:

Monday, February 06, 2006

Suggestions please...

I am in serious need of other blogs to read… Preferably ones that are written by people whom I have something in common with (see “interests” in my blogger profile).
I seem to be running out of people to read… And sad to say this is about my only link to the outside world…
Any other suggestions as to how to meet and talk with people… Without being attacked by trolls?? Chat rooms are all out… I have never found one that has people who have actual conversations…
I have gone through the blogs I read regularly (the few that are left) and followed a few links… Found some really great blogs out there, and wonderful writers, but no one who I really have anything in common with… sigh

Any help would be appreciated...

7 Comments:

Blogger twocents said...

Click on the links from your own profile. They show a listing of people who have the same key words in theirs.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Ya know, I've been doing that... But 90% of them haven't posted in over a year... There's a lot of dead blogs out there...

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Maybe go on Google Blog search and type in key words . . . ? I did this a while back, looking for spiritual intellectual blogs and found a whole subculture out there : )

10:39 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

You know, I never even thought about that... lol
Thanks...

11:12 AM  
Blogger twocents said...

Good one Jayne!

I have too many blogs to read now and you know I'll be searching for more.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. Sometimes I click on links to blogs on folks I read, just to see what they are about. You can go far with that, clicking on blogs, then clicking on their links, and then the next, and on and on. Sometimes I just click the "next blog" button and scroll through. I think I'll try Jayne's idea. I never thought about that. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I do the "next blog" thing too... usually just get foreign language blogs...lol
I have found a few that I liked, though... Like http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/, quoting things overheard in New York... Interesting... But not quite what I was looking for...lol

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home