tag in your template:

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cold wave

According to the forecast for Hick County, winter is finally here.
Thursday night low, 15. Friday high, 25. Friday low, 11. Saturday high, 23. *sigh*

I really hate the cold. It soaks all the way into my bones and it takes me hours to warm up.

Friday Rick and I are taking Isaiah out to Dodge City for his ADHD checkup with the pediatritian. It's going to be so cold! I had hoped to get a few more painting supplies while we were out, but we may just eat lunch and come on back home... I don't like shopping much anyway, and traversing large parking lots with the western Kansas wind in 25 degree weather doesn't sound fun in the least...
I wish we would at least get some snow. The only thing I like about winter is the snow. At least with snow, there is a reason for enduring the cold.
We used to get lots of snow around here when I was a kid, but now we don't get 1/4 of what we did then. Global warming at work, I suppose.

I should be thankful, I suppose, about not working at the store anymore. I would be working out in the middle of the night cleaning the parking lot, and changing the outside trash... Something I really hated in the winter.

When I spend time outside, I can feel the earth getting ready for spring, though. There is a faint feeling eminating from the ground. In the more sheltered areas of the yard there are even some green things growing. I make a point every day to go outside (usually when I let my dog out to run) and sit on the ground, or at least put my hands against the dirt. since today is the last semi-warm day for awhile, I will probably spend as much time as possible out in the back yard. Soak up as much sun as I can find...LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home