tag in your template:

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wilder side of life

When you slow down your life, and get rid of all the noisy, busy things, you can focus on the most amazing things.

There are two huge cottonwood trees in the back yard of the house next door. My favorite trees, and home to 4 fat, happy squirrels. Right outside my window, there is a half dead, half hollow tree that the squirrels are born in. Every year a new family of squirrels grows up in those large hollow branches.
Twice a week I cut up an apple and put the pieces out in the tree. The squirrels don't take much time at all to come devour them. Every time I go outside now the squirrels stop and look at me, waiting to see if I have apples, LOL. Maybe someday I will find some who will eat out of my hand... Right before corn harvest, I went out to the country and cut some ears of corn from a harvest-ready field. The squirrels loved them!

There is also a blue jay couple that lives here, and wakes me up almost every morning... And a cardinal couple who grace us with their royal presence everytime I refill the bird feeders.

One thing about Hick County that I love, there are sooo many doves here! The sound of the Mourning Dove is my favorite sound of all... They always remind me of my grandma, she and I used to stop what we were doing when they would call out just to listen to them...

Ever since I moved into my mom's back room, there has been something missing in this room. A couple of days ago I put a new plant in the window - You would not belive the difference. This plant brings such a new energy to this room... Not just visually, but just by it's presence... I plan on adding as many as possible, as soon as I find just the right plants...

For the longest time, I was always thinking two steps ahead of myself, and never living in the here and now... And I missed so much by doing that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home