tag in your template:

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Interesting turn of events...

Believe it or not, I have sold a painting.
Not a painting really, not yet… The woman has told me sort of what she wants in the painting (landscape with lots of sunflowers…*yawn*) Which will take about $5 worth of stuff, and two hours, and she is paying me for it, and I don’t even have to frame it! Imagine… Someone other than my family wanting one of my paintings… That is so cool, even if it’s a boring landscape! until recently I had only one of my own paintings, the first one I ever did in 8th grade. I have another one stored away somewhere, I really need to get that one out.

I have three of my paintings on my own walls now. These I did just for myself, and then my mom wanted one for her, and it is hanging in the courthouse now, in her office. She is the county clerk. That is how the other woman saw my work. This could be cool if I could sell a few more… One at a time, though! This painting will keep me in supplies for a little while longer…

Going to buy some supplies tomorrow. I love new supplies!!!
I uses acrylic now, it’s so much easier to clean, and dries faster, but I miss the smell of the turpentine I used with the oil paints… I actually have a little bit of turpentine in an old coffee can that I open up occasionally just for inspiration… Turp and linseed oil… Love that smell… LOL

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great for you! Can you figure out how to post pictures of them here? I'd love to see your art. I'm just SO not talented like that. I like to do stained glass. You don't have to be talented to do that, you just find a picture, blow it up, cut glass and put it together. Like a puzzle. I can make beautiful stuff without an ounce of talent in my bones. hahaha
I hope more people see your paintings and clamor to your door! New supplies are fun!

7:41 AM  
Blogger SunsetMan said...

That's wonderful! Is this your first commission?

I am not a bit artistic, I can only draw with a straight edge.

9:50 AM  
Blogger cva-me said...

Wonderful! Congrats! Now, if you're looking for customers.... I might be interested. Will you paint anything?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Do you have (or know anyone with one you can borrow) a digital camera? It would be so cool to see your paintings up here! Congratulations on the fun creative project.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thanks guys...
I am only comfortable painting landscapes and still life right now, I can do a half way good job of portraits in pencil, but now paint... And animals are hard...But landscapes and still lifes from pictures are easiest...
I don't know anyone with a digital camera, I wish I did!
I have always wanted to learn to do stained glass... I have 3 huge picture windows in my house, would love to design my own stained glass to hang in them!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home