tag in your template:

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

New Year's Resolutions. Do you make them?
I don't really make resolutions, normally, but this year I am going to try something new. I concentrated on things that I really want to manifest in my life.
Not a list of things I want to "do" or "not do" this year, but ideas that I want to make more important in my life.

  • Better health in a natural way.
  • Studying the uses and properties of herbs and stones.
  • Getting better at meditation, and staying calmer... Not letting my calm get blown so easy.
  • Paring down my material posessions until there is nothing in my house that I do not consider to be useful or beautiful.
  • Recycling even more.
  • Working more with environmental, feminist, and animal rights causes.

Maybe this does sound like a list of resolutions. But it isn't really a checklist, it is an ongoing pursuit of developing the "real me". Bringing out the me that I was sent here to be, learning the lessons that I was meant to learn. Not things that are ever "done", or "accomplished", but more a list of things to encorporate into my life in an ongoing effort.
There is an online Green Witch course in the "Wise Woman Tradition" that I would love to take... It costs $400 though, which is more than I can pay. It just sounds like something I would really love learning.

I dug out my Tarot cards on New Year's Eve, and did a reading for myself. Among other things, it seemed to point to a new "career" for me of a spiritual nature, and writing/teaching came up a few times, too. (I don't only go on my own instinct with Tarot readings, I also incorporate several different interpretations of the cards.) Who knows what that might mean...

Anyway, I hope for a blessed and safe year for everyone... And no matter what your faith is, that you will follow your true path...

By the way... Magdala had this on her blog... I couldn't resist! I had to see what mine would turn out...
take the psi-q psychic test yourself

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Wishing you the best for creating your dreams for 2006. I look forward to seeing them unfold!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't make resolutions either. At least not the ones that most folks make. Like you, I usually make a list of things that I'd like to accomplish, or see done in my life in the new year. Or at least started. Changes, growth, things to improve my mind, health, lifestyle changes, things that are hanging that need resolution. It is fun the next year to go back and mark off the ones that I actually accomplished.
I'd like to get a 'real' tarot reading done sometime. From someone who isn't on Jackson Square in New Orleans hawking for money. Someone who'd give me a true reading. I had it done once for a friend's birthday, we all did it, and you know, you can never tell, if you don't know tarot yourself, if they are actually giving you a real reading or just telling you what they think you want to hear. I had a friend that was going to do an astrological chart/reading on me once. I'm sorry that I didn't get that done before she died.
Happy New Year to you Amethyst. I hope you find your path. It's hard to do, but most times, it's good to try. Growth is good! It's not the destination, it's the journey. IMHO

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home