tag in your template:

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Busy signal

I have had serious pain in my joints for years now, my back, neck, hips and knees, and the last few days have been excrutiating... My knees are so swollen, and hurt so bad... I really haven't been able to concentrate on anything with the pain like it is... I had a decent day yesterday, but must have overdone it, today it takes all my energy to breathe.

Have you ever felt that the universe was trying to tell you something - But you couldn't quite hear it? Like something is just around the corner... Or you are trying to receive some very important bit of insight, but you just can't quite get the connection?


That is how I have felt for days now. I need to be learning something... My "next step" perhaps, and I somehow get the feeling that I should be meditating more... Concentrating on getting whatever this "message" is. . I am going to concentrate on making time to meditate... My mind "hears" better that way...

I have been painting... I am working on a western landscape with a cowboy on a horse riding through a river in silouette against the dusky sky and a mountain range. Should be done with it tomorrow. My thoughts seem to flow better, too, when I have a pencil or paint brush in my hand.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aches and pains. It is probably worse for the cold yes? I hope it is better soon.
I've been feeling sort of the same way lately. I wish I could just quiet the noise in my head. There is so much going on around here right now and it is all so 'busy'. I almost can't even bear the radio because it just makes more noise. I am trying more soothing music, things to regain my calm, focus my mind more. Meditation probably would help, if I could find a quiet enough place. Just sitting and being quiet would be nice. I'll try to find a patch of sun this weekend and see how I do.
Good luck to you. Glad you are painting.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I have taken a detour in my magical studies to learn more about yoga, the whole concept, not just the poses. I am learning a lot right now about real happiness, and it is so simple I don't know why I didn't figure it out on my own! I plan on doing a post about it soon...
I know what you mean about time alone... I have been going to bed earlier and getting up before everyone else to have time alone for meditation.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Another really REALLY cool thing I have found... desktopspa.com. If you sign up for the free account, when it asks for a corporate code put in "HeakthJourneys". It is a fabulous website!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Matthew May said...

Have you ever felt that the universe was trying to tell you something - But you couldn't quite hear it?

Absolutly!

Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. :(

8:54 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Through diet, yoga, meditation and visualization, (and a few herbal suppliments)I am going to attempt to get rid of this pain once and for all. I have read many stories of people healing themselves of all sorts of things this way, including arthritis, so we will see.
Maybe that is what the universe has been trying to tell me.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home