tag in your template:

Friday, December 23, 2005

Thanks Jas.....


1. What is your favorite holiday movie? I absolutely love "The Holiday Inn"... Bing Crosby... White Christmas... Could it get any better than that?(I really believe that my last life was in the 1940s... That era just blows me away... feels like home...)

The kid in me, however, loves"Year without a Santa Claus", with the step-brothers, Heat Miser and Snow Miser (pictured above)


2. What is your favorite holiday song (Title and Artist)? Bing Crosby... White Christmas... Although I have a great version of "Little Drummer Boy" by Ray Charles that I love too...

3. What’s the best holiday gift you were ever given and why? Maybe my new bike when I was 9. It was a gold-yellow color, had a sparkly banana seat with big neon colored daisies on it, and a white wicker basket with plastic flowers on the front. That basket didn't get much use, but the bike was great for jumping the stairs at the end of the block...

4. Do you have a special someone to kiss at the stroke of midnight on New Years? My best friend, Rick... Althought I almost never stay away for midnight on New Year's... It just never seemed like that big of a deal to me...

5. What’s the name of your favorite reindeer? I don't know any reindeer... Although I really hate Rudolph... Goody-two-shoes you know... Hate those...

6. What’s your favorite holiday food? My Grandma's Plum Pudding. I haven't had it in probably 30 years, but I can still remember it... It was fabulous... The ingredients are so expensive around here that it would take me $50-$75 to make it now... One of these days I will...I also love Rick's special Christmas Salad he makes, and my mom's cranberry salad...

7. Present, or stocking stuffer? Present... It would be nice, just once, to have a present I didn't pick out myself... (This year I am getting a pepper mill, a coffee grinder, a hoodie sweater, and a pair of silver earrings... My mom is getting me a sun-shaped mirror for my wall) Actually, the exciting part of Christmas to me is watching people open what I got for them... Not telling people what I bought them is the hardest part of Christmas!

8. Snow day – Cuddle by the fire or hand me a snowball? Why does it have to be either/or?? Haven't you ever heard "Winter Wonderland"? A few hours of snowballs, snowmen, forts... Then stomping back into the house, having hot chocolate and homemade cookies, then when everyone else is settled for the night, curling up with hot buttered rum by the fire... *sigh*

9. What was your New Year’s resolution for this year? To not make any resolutions for the year, but to wake up every morning with a resolution for that day... If I try to think too far ahead, I always get discouraged...

10. Is there really a Santa Clause? A Santa 'Clause'? I guess it depends on what contract you are reading...
A Santa Claus? Yes, there is, and he lives in all of us. Santa Claus is a spirit who, if you are open to him, will fill you with the awe of Christmas, generosity, and love of others...

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew May said...

1. My favorite christmas movies are A wonderful Life ( James Stewart ) Or A christmas Carol ( Patrick Stewart)
2.My Favorite Christmas Song is, O' Holy Night or. Have yourself a merry little christmas by the pretenders.
3. Thats a tought one, when I first started driving as a teen my parents bought me a car, not an expensive one but it was definatly a memorable christmas present.
4.Yes. :)
5.Rudolph, if I have to have one.. but my favorite character in that show is Yukon Cornelious. :)
6.Christmas Cookies! lol & Egg Nog
7.A Barnes & Noble Gift Card
8. I love Snow on the ground during Christmas!
9. My new years resolution will be to give back to humanity more.
10. I believe in Santa Claus ..not necessarily the one who lives in the north pole.. but the one who lives in your child-hood mind. :)

Hope you had a great Christmas!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I love Patrick Stewart's version of A Christmas Carol too... But the Alistair Sim version is my favorite, just because it is the one I grew up watching..
I LOVE Yukon Cornelius! My family over the years has bought me several little statues and toys of him...lol
I never had a car until I got married and I had control of my own savings account, which I used to buy my first car...
I have never tried egg nog...

I had a really wonderful Christmas actually... Hope you did too!

10:13 AM  
Blogger cva-me said...

1) Oh, I just LOVE Holiday Inn! One of my all-time favorites. I just made Llama watch it for the first time in her life last week. I can watch it all-year long. I also love Scrooged and Mickey's Christmas Carol..... let's not forget Miracle on 34th St. (Natalie Wood) and Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. I could go on and on....

2) The Halleluiah Chorus & Carol of the Bells

3) Wow.... too hard. I have gotten many wonderful gifts as both a kid and as an adult, there is no way I could narrow it down.

4) Yes, I do - But we will probably not be together because of business.

5) Vixen...... the only female reindeer - Hubba Hubba

6) There is a special waffle cookie that mom makes, it has been handed down over the generations in our family. She only makes them at Christmas.

7) Love them presents!

8) I miss snow. We don't get it much here. Considering it's about 65 degrees today - not much chance of snow happening.

9) I'm going to lose some weight, get over my nicotine addiction, and get in better shape.

10) There is a Santa. I have seen the proof.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home