tag in your template:

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Spring Fever

Jayne, over at Jayne Says posted a fabulous post today... Check it out.

I found this picture while surfing Blogger... I didn't get the link to the blog, unfortunately... It was basically a way farther right-winged point of view than mine, but I kinda thought this picture was "hillary-ous" anyway...
And if that made you mad, then here is one for those of you who are more liberal than me...
(I would have just posted the pics here, but I am too sick to want to mess with resizing them...)

Rick woke up sick today... Got him half way to work, and after stopping for the third time for him to puke, I just turned around and took him home.... He's been sleeping since.
I bought more Vitamin C and Echinacea last night... Seems the whole houseful of people is sick... Isaiah isn't bad, but Lauren has had this stuff for weeks... I just hope I don't get the same stuff Rick has... I HATE being sick to my stomach!! I usually get sicker than anyone, and Rick NEVER gets sick... I don't think I have seen him this sick since Christmas 1999.
Anyway...
Been really busy working on my new altar, and getting ready to put together a Hecate shrine. My room really needs the energy of live plants, and they will go on that shrine. My mom has a spider plant with lots of "babies" on it, and spider plants absorb negativity, so they will be good in here... I want to get a couple of violets, too, they promote spirituality, plus my grandma always had them in her house.
When my grandma died, she had lots of pretty houseplants that no one cared about, and since they wouldn't let me go in the house alone (afraid I was going to steal something important??) and they didn't want to "bother" with the plants, even though I kept telling them all they had to do was give them to me, they let them all die... *sigh* I miss her... She was the only one in my world that didn't think what I thought was important to be trivial... There has only been one other person in my life that made me feel that safe... And he is gone too(not dead, although for all the contact we have he may as well be) ...
Seems that the Powers of the Universe don't want me to feel safe... Something about having to always watch my own back, being ready for anything, and never quite being able to relax... Wish I would just learn whatever it is I have to learn here and go on...

(Again with the sudden topic change) I can already see the days getting longer... The sunrise was noticeably earlier today... Can't wait for spring! I have most of my small garden planned out, and can't wait to start seeds, and plant seedlings, and work out in the yard! I don't think we will be back in our house until late summer, (we are going to re-sheetrock the whole house, and try to get our friend the electrician to rewire it, plus flooring needs replaced in several rooms) so I will just have a small garden here, maybe just large planters, I don't know, but I will enjoy it anyway... Can't wait to go fishing, and camping... There is beauty to every season, and I am enjoying every little bit of snow we get and the coziness of curling up in the evenings and doing needlework, or reading a good book, but I can't wait to get outside!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out, dear. I certainly was on a rant . . . I liked the political pictures (both of them!) Congratulations for staying smoke-free, your lungs and plants will be happier : ) I hope you invite peace, prosperity and joy into your life for 2006!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Matthew May said...

Great pics! lol ..definatly changed the way I see chicken..lol

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home