tag in your template:

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Poetry

Someone asked me a while back if I had any of my poetry... I wrote this one about a year and a half ago... This is one I don't hate... I don't particularly like it either, but I don't hate it...lol

Exquisite Pain

Even when you are away,
Your love lights my life...
The sound of your voice warms me
like nothing else....
The thought of your touch
makes me smile....
There is nothing I would not do,
Nothing I would not endure for you..
You are my purpose in life...
You are my life...

and yet...
I live daily with the fear of losing you...
The fear that one day you will wake up,
frightened by what you have done,
guilt and duty dragging you away from me...
My exile looms like a shadow....

Only in secret lonely moments
in the middle of the night
do I dare to dream of a future with you...
The future that I long for is
an exquisite pain I allow myself.

I have told you that I am yours forever,
and I will be...
If and when you walk away,
All the love in my heart will go with you...
There will be nothing left
for anyone else...

Amethyst

5 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

I think I was the one asking. . . thanks for sharing. Your words are so sad and evocative. Sigh.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

At the time, I didn't really know where the words were coming from... Now I know they were a premonition... I understand them completely now...

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it turned out that way.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thank you, Jules, so am I...
Some people, however, never have a love like that in their lives, so I am fortunate... I have a lot of wonderful memories.... And Rick loves me, treats me well... I am content... It could be worse...

12:51 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

I have a feeling you have plenty left for someone else; maybe you don't see it yet; but you will...

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home