tag in your template:

Friday, December 02, 2005

Makin' the best of it

"An it harm none - Do what thou will."

It's the Wiccan Rede, but it is also how I am coming to terms with my life.

I had dreams, and there are so many things I would love to go and do. BUT - I have to consider what it would do to other people in my life. Especially my son. When I gave birth to him, it was like signing a contract - To take care of him as he grows, to always do what is best for him. Leaving him here to go have a real life or dragging him to new schools would not be what is best for him. I can't put my needs before his.

So, I will do whats best for him. I have to quit thinking about all the things I could have done with this life, and realize that this is what I am doing with it, and make the best of it, right? Ok. Settled. I just have to live in the minute, and quit thinking about what could have been, or what I could be doing, and concentrate on making this life fit me. Concentrate on the good points, you know?

  1. I have a great son who I love and who loves me.
  2. I don't have to work at a job I hate.
  3. I have R, who although he isn't the love of my life is a good friend, and he loves me.
  4. I have a roof over my head, food on the table.
  5. Um... I had a wonderful love with my soulmate... Even though it was short, many people never get that at all... And I think we were together in past lives, and will be in future ones. (don't laugh at me!)
  6. I am in fairly good health.

Surely there are more things... I just can't think of anything at the moment...

I just have to live for this moment, and not think of the past or the future... One day at a time, right? I'm gonna make it after all....

1 Comments:

Blogger magdala said...

good girl :) life is what you make of it. And I had forgotten the whole back bedroom thing, I'm sorry I guess that wasn't much help then. But still, you have that to work with and experiment on right?

Hugs to you babygirl

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home