tag in your template:

Monday, December 05, 2005

Just another manic (?) Monday

Three weeks in a row there has not been a single "help wanted" ad in the paper.. I wish there was some sort of factory, or large store around here to get a job in... I applied in several places in the nearest larger town, but haven't heard anything back... *sigh* Guess taking care of my son right now is what I am meant to do... I have really been doing a lot more reading, about spiritual things, taking care of everyone's animals and doing things around the house. It's kind of nice, I guess, to just do what I want to do most of the day.
R went back to work today. You know, when I first started blogging, I used initials because there was quite a bit of stuff on my other blog that I didn't want anyone to know about...Didn't want people to figure out who I was... But I guess here I have nothing to hide... So I will just call him Rick from now on. Anyway, dropped him off at 5 this morning. He won't be back now until Friday. He called earlier and told me he left some paperwork here, so I have to drive the 30 miles again to take it to the office. *sigh*
I spent about 5 hours at my friend Rhonda's house this morning, she is getting ready to go to her daughter's house, who is having a c-section tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see the pictures of that new little boy. He is the one I have been embroidering the John Deere Tractor quilt blocks for.
I have my formal alter all decorated for Yule finally. Red cloth, holly berries, evergreen... In addition to the permanent fixtures. I still have to put up a tree. My son, Isaiah, loves to decorate (and redecorate) the tree. My mom has lots of pretty ornaments, but on my tree I put garlands of dried orange slices, cranberries, cinnamon sticks... Pine cones, dried flowers, handmade dough ornaments, white lights and cinnamon dough ornaments. Lots of suns, moons and stars. I also have a few little birds that wire to the branches so they look like they are sitting in the tree, and a few antique blown glass fruit ornaments. My mom tells me it doesn't look very Christmasy, I just tell her that's the point... LOL
Hooterville had it's Christmas parade last night... Most years it's really nice, but last night in addition to the usual fire trucks, and police cars, there were only 4 floats. There was a community get together afterwards... Of course I didn't go, I'm not much of a socializer in this town, but it was a nice thing.
I am working on putting together a website, just because I like doing it. Nothing earthshattering there, but I think it will at least be fun to work on. Links, things about me, different things I am learning in my spiritual readings. Maybe even a link for my online Book of Shadows. Who knows what I might put on it??

1 Comments:

Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

LOL... Don't get your hopes up that it will be anything too exciting... Thanks for all the comments! Blogsville has been pretty quiet for a few days...

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home