tag in your template:

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Is it Friday yet!?!

Woke up this morning with moonlight streaming across my face... Diana brushing my cheek...

It went downhill from there...

My mother telling me how dumb I am because I was going to let Isaiah wear jeans to school that have a little bit of paint on them... Nevermind that the 3 other pair of jeans that he owns were in the dryer... She pulled damp jeans out of the dryer and made him put them on... Guess it doesn't matter that it's freezing out, what matters is that no one sees the paint on Isaiah's jeans and thinks less of my mother for it... *sigh* She is so worried about what other people think, she makes everyone miserable (including herself) and none of those people she is so worried about even care about it....She won't listen to me, treats me like I am a mental case or something, like I have no brain what so ever just because mine doesn't think like hers...
I need to win the lottery or something...lol Calgon take me away!

I did win my case on the unemployment... The Kansas Department of Labor sent me a letter saying... "The evidence is insufficient to establish that the claimant's alleged actions were a violation of a duty or obligation reasonably owed the employer as a condition of employment."
HA! LOL....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's hard to live with your mother, being a grown up yourself. She probably can't control her urge to mother (good or bad), even though you are an adult. I used to have my mother stay with me during the winters and what usually happened was that she slipped into treating me like a teenager, the one who lived with her over 25 years ago. Sometimes you have to put your foot down and remind her that you are an adult and the parent of your child and even though you are living in her house, you are the one who decides what is best for your child. Jeez, putting wet clothes on a child because she is worried about what other people think?!?!?! how insane is THAT?
On the unemployment: YEAH! Good for you. Now at least you'll have some income coming in and won't have to be so dependant.
I sure hope your day gets better, sweetie. I'll send you good thoughts.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

She has always treated me like that, not just when I am living with her...
I don't think like she and my sister do, therefore I am always wrong...
When I dated a black guy her first response was "What are people going to say about me?" meaning herself...
She looks at everything I do as a reflection on her... She doesn't realize that other people look at me as my own person, an adult. I have spent my entire life hearing about how stupid I am...

8:24 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Brisen - Yes, but it was a lot easier to ignore when I wasn't living with her! lol... It doesn't bother me that much, it's just like a buzzing insect in my ear, ya know? It's just annoying...

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mothers! ya gotta love 'em...because ya can't kill 'em! ;o)

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home