tag in your template:

Friday, December 02, 2005

Interesting viewpoint

"...You see, if you recognize the beauty in Gaia, you will see it in all her parts. And that includes her human parts. Hate humanity and its creations, and you hate Gaia herself. You also doubt her wisdom. Would she have given birth to clever evolved tool-users without reason? What reason do you have to think our actions are anything other than exactly what is required?
You point to endangered species and decry extinctions. And yet, we know from Gaia's past that these are sometimes required. None of the wondrous variety of life you see today would be here if, several thousand million years ago, a certain species had not evolved...."


I found this interesting essay, HERE.
If you have time to kill, check it out - what's your opinion on this person's viewpoint?

(I know, 2 entries today - I need to find something else to do! LOL)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

I thought the essay was interesting, but I disagreed with a lot of it. I think I'm sort of a "relaxed" (versus "militant") environmentalist but am not persuaded that what we are putting in our landfills may help future generations. But I could be wrong : ) Nature/Gaia is calling you, I have a feeling. . .

12:37 PM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I thought the writer sounded a bit angry... Sort of one of those people who can't understand people who don't see it their way??

I seem to find that what resonates with me in my Pagan studies is the "Green Witch", or "Kitchen Witch" ideas....Herbs, stones, preservation of nature, divination... makes me feel like it goes way back with my spirit...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home