tag in your template:

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Chit Chat

I know that I am constantly adding and rearranging my sidebar ~~> and I also know that most people don't pay much attention to sidebars. I just wanted to call your attention to something I added this morning, a little thing that says "smoke-free for 109 days!"(Or, if you read this tomorrow, "110" days, etc...lol) That is a counter that is adding up all the days since I quit smoking.... And with everything that has happened to me in those 109 days, I am very proud of myself for not smoking!!

We didn't have the extended family get together yet, so our Christmas was really nice. No big meal for me to have to cook, I just made big deep pans of lasagna, tossed salad, and garlic bread.
I got up on Christmas Eve and Isaiah had gotten up, went into the kitchen, and got milk and cookies to put out for Santa... It was so cute!

New Year's Day is the day we have to go to my sister's house. My sister and I get along great if it is just the two of us, but my mother treats me like a red-headed step child in the presence of the "golden child". That and the fact that my brother-in-law is the undersheriff, and Rick is just oilfield trash (never mind the fact that Rick makes more than the BIL does!!) makes me feel like crap by the time we are going home. I just have to remember Eleanor Roosevelt's words: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Maybe a protection spell against psychic vampires?

After fighting germs for weeks, I have succombed (yet again) to the nasty upper respiritory thing. I am really working to keep it from settling in my lungs, though, I don't need bronchitis again, especially when I have no insurance! Echinacea, vit. C, zinc... Not to mention using an Airbourne-like suppliment, lots of water, and trying to get lots of rest... I should be fine in a few days... Mom and the kids have all had this for weeks.

I bought myself a really great home study package on Chakra Balancing that I am enjoying going through...I absolutely love the One Spirit Book Club! Anyway, maybe I will have something more stimulating to talk about later...lol

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you Amethyst! 110 smoke free days! That is an accomplishment to be proud of. I know its not easy, but I am SO proud of you for every one of those 110 days, and all the days to follow.
I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling very well right now. I sure hope you can fight and beat this bug. I hate being sick. I'll say a few prayers for you, to get better and for your New Years Day gathering.
Huggs girl!
jules

7:53 AM  
Blogger Matthew May said...

psychic vampires.. is an interesting study actually :)

Great post... I love browsing sidebars myself.. I find some of the most interesting stuff on them.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thank you, Jules... All the positive energy I can get is appreciated!

Matt.. I have lots of things to check out over there, thats for sure... Be sure and click on the purple ribbon... that's an interesting one...

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home