tag in your template:

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Random Saturday morning thoughts....

Why do some people think that to be mature you have to be serious all the time?
Life is way too important to be taken so seriously.
Some times I think they take themselves way too seriously, too. Seems like they have a fear of someone thinking they are not important, intelligent people if they don't take life seriously.

I have a habit of looking at life through a child's eyes. Not that I am immature, but I see the wonder in everyday things: the beauty of a sunrise, a duck swimming in a ditch full of water as we speed by on the highway... The way the light hits the first yellow leaves in a cottonwood tree... Most people don't see these things at all, and if I point them out, they look at me like I have lost my mind... There are more important things to think about, you know...
I tend to giggle when I am happy... Whoever I'm with will ask me what I'm laughing at... I am not laughing at anything, happiness just tend to bubble over...
I like being a free spirit, I like being carefree... I can be child-like, without being childish...

When I worked for the railroad, a lot of the guys called me Sunshine, because of my smile, and because I was always in a good mood... I loved that nickname....
I don't like being put down, or being called "childish" just because I don't take life seriously unless it needs to be, and because little things can make me happy... I don't impose my way of doing things on others, I think everyone should be able to do things their own way. I am not threatened by someone who does things differently than I do... I am not threatened by friends that spend time with their other friends...
It's not that I don't care about anything... I have been accused of that, too.. It's just that if I try to impose my way of doing things or thinking about things on others, that would be trying to change them... And if I don't like how they really are, what am I doing with them to begin with? If you don't like the real me, what are you doing with me?

If you came to my house and saw that I still sleep with a teddy bear, would you be surprised? Would you make fun of me?
If I didn't cook spaghetti the way you do, would you tell me I was doing it wrong?
If you saw the box of Mr. Bubble in my bathroom and realized it wasn't my son's... Would you think I was weird?
If you and I were dating, and you found out that my ex-husband is my best friend, would you be jealous?
If I wanted to play in my son's little plastic pool with him(or even when he was gone) in the back yard, would that embarrass you?
Would you make fun of me because I like crayons and coloring books?
Would you laugh at my pink terrycloth slippers with the rubber ducky embroidered on them?

I just like to have fun... Be playful... Have friends that don't cut me down for that...
but I like me that way... And if someone doesn't, I don't need them in my life anyway, right?

I used to be sort of paranoid, I would try really hard to hang onto things... Material things, and people... Just because they were comfortable, because I knew them, whether they were good for me or not... I have, in the last couple of years, figured out that things come and go, and if one things goes away, something new will come along....

There are things that are worth fighting to hang onto, however. My relationship with the former "Sir" is worth fighting for... As is being a part of my son's life...
I'm in this life for me now... What I want really matters to me now... I like me, and I am willing to put the effort into protecting my needs...

4 Comments:

Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

*giggles*
I knew there was a reason I luv you... lol

9:08 AM  
Blogger magdala said...

I sleep with a well worn stuffed dog named George, he goes everywhere with me, even to the hospital while I was giving birth.

If you don't cook it the way I do, will you teach me your way and let me show you mine?

Why would I think you are weird? Do you criticize my scooby doo bath toys?

You & ex and partner and me and other and partner could all go out together!

Is there room for another one in the pool?

I travel with crayons and coloring books, will you play with play doh with me?

Ohhhhh, mine are bunny slippers with ears!!!

Can we have a slumber party??!!??

He is so different from me, I bring the richness of these things to his life and he brings riches from his life to mine...we balance each other like bookends and that is much more important to me than matching each other like potholders. I think that you and Sir have the potential to do something similar, bring new things to each others lives if only you both are willing to be open to that.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

I am willing, willing, willing... I want him in my life desperately, I just don't want to lose myself and the things that are important to me in the process...

10:34 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Sounds like I am in very good company...

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home