tag in your template:

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The nice woman whose nametag read "Wendy" lead me into the tiny windowless room. In the corner was a chair, with an ugly hospital gown folded neatly on the seat. A table sitting next to the chair had a pretty little basket with pink ribbon air fresheners for your car that read "The best prevention is early detection", a lamp that was the only light in the room, and a can of Suave deodorant, Powder Fresh scent.
Wendy instructed me to take off my shirt and bra, putting the gown on open in the front. I was wearing a Sturgis t-shirt... One that Sir had given me... To make it feel like a part of him was there with me. I had taken it right out of the dryer and put it on that morning.
Wendy left the room, and I began to get undressed. When I took off my shirt, it felt like something hit my foot. I looked down, and a sock had been stuck in my shirt and was now laying on the floor. I almost laughed out loud... But then I realized that I didn't even have my purse with me, so I had to stuff the sock in the pocket of my jeans...lol
I was almost embarrassed at how big my boob looked in that machine... And Wendy pulling on it with both hands to get more of me into there didn't help.... lol
I am really glad that's over.
The sonogram guy thought the lumps looked like swollen lymph nodes, but would look again and send a full report to my doctor. So I guess everything is fine...

************************

I am leaving in just a few minutes to go to the middle of nowhere to work for a couple of days. I REALLY don't want to go...
My ex and I have been talking... about living together again, so that I don't have to struggle with paying the bills, and I can quit the store where I work because I need to get off my feet... My back is in serious pain all the time, and the chiropractor says my lower back is getting compacted.. Said that if I could find a job where I wasn't on my feet all the time it would be much better... Jobs are scarce around here, but if R could pay the bills while I was looking for something new, that would be great...
I saw the rest of my life with Sir, and now that that isn't going to happen, I really don't want to try find anyone else. R knows how I feel about Sir, and that my heart will always belong to him... But R and I are best friends, and I could do a lot worse than that, right? R is getting ready to go back to work on a drilling rig, and will bring home in one week what I do in a month... It will be nice to quit this job I hate and take care of my son and home while looking for a part time job that will be easier on my back and my mind...
I hate working at a job where I have to watch my back constantly, and can't trust anyone... I actually get sick to my stomach just thinking about going to work these days, and I used to love it...
Well, I better get going... Talk to you all again on Friday...

2 Comments:

Blogger Gaye said...

Glad to hear the test went well so far. Wow!! Must be nice to have such a good relationship with an ex--sounds like a great guy to be willing to help you out like that. I'm sure if things were rosy he wouldn't be an ex, but that does say alot for him in my mind. Good luck!--and nothing is worse than going to a job that you freakin hate!--ugh!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Amethyst Rising said...

Thanks guys...
What would I do without my friends here???
I just worked until midnight, drove 2 hours home, and I have to be at work in my store at 10 am... Guess I had better get to sleep now...Hope it's better than last night... Had a horrible dream about Sir and couldn't sleep again... Was really depressed all day...

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home